Struggling with low self esteem can be a difficult daily battle. If you suffer with this, you may feel anxious in social situations and experience imposter syndrome in the workplace, or around friends and colleagues. You might also feel inadequate in relationships, second guess your decisions and overthink about how people perceive you. If you recognise any of this in yourself, you might benefit from Hypnotherapy for low self esteem.
The development of self-esteem begins in early childhood, and largely depends on how our parents teach us to feel about ourselves. This sets the foundation for our self-worth, which we then find validation for from later experiences in life.
If our parents have low self-esteem or confidence issues, or if there is instability in areas of their lives such as relationship issues, financial insecurity, mental or physical health issues, this can cause us to feel insecure too.
People can only do the best they can with the tools they have, so it’s not their fault. However, it is possible for us to reparent ourselves later in life, and fill in the gaps that our parents were unable to fill. For whatever reason.
Other factors can also lead to esteem issues, such as bullying, abuse trauma, loss of a loved one, chronic illness and much more. Whatever the root cause, you may have developed beliefs about yourself that keep you feeling less than your worth. And these can stop you from living the life you were destined to lead.
The important thing to remember is that it doesn’t matter how you got there, it is possible to change how you feel about yourself at any point in life. And it’s never too late to start loving yourself for who you are.
Why is Low Self-Esteem a Problem?
Low self-esteem can affect all areas of your life, and sometimes it only shows up in certain situations. Everyone’s experience of low self-esteem is different. And the severity of it can depend on past experiences or trauma you may have faced in early life.
Some people might just put this down to being shy, and think that’s just how they are. But having low self-esteem can hold you back in many areas of life. Stopping you from creating the happiness and fulfilment you really desire and deserve.
The effects of low self esteem can range from feeling shy and nervous around people to extreme feelings of shame and self-hatred. However it shows up, it can be very limiting and hold you back unnecessarily in life.
A few common effects of low self-esteem can include:
- Feeling less than or not as good as other people
- Thinking that people don’t like you or are thinking negatively about you
- Believing you are not good enough at work or to be given a job you want
- Trouble building or maintaining healthy relationships
- Accepting abusive or toxic behaviour and having trouble ending harmful relationships
- Poor boundaries, people pleasing and conflict avoidance
- Body dysmorphia or negative feelings about your physical appearance or parts of your body
- Feeling anxious, nervous or irritable around people
- Isolating behaviour, such as refusing to meet with friends or attend social events even though you’d like to
- Turning down opportunities for career advancement, such as a promotion or offer to collaborate on a project
- Fear of public speaking or speaking up at work, or with friends
- Overthinking, paranoia or disillusionment
- Addiction to alcohol or substances or developing a fantasy life such as an online persona or gaming life
- Self-harming or suicidal ideation
How Hypnotherapy for Low Self Esteem can Help
Cognitive Hypnotherapy for low self esteem can help by identifying and transforming underlying core beliefs that are holding you back. Beliefs that are formed in early life are often misguided, as our young minds are not developed enough to use complex thinking strategies.
We all experience challenges in early life, and often we hold onto the beliefs that we form around these events without even knowing it. Believing that we’re stupid, not good enough or too much for people, can have a huge impact on our self esteem and sense of worth.
If you feel like you’ve been struggling with some of the symptoms above for some time, you might be wondering how Hypnotherapy for low self esteem could help you.
Using Cognitive Hypnotherapy I help people to:
- Identify and let go of limiting beliefs that are holding them back
- Learn to love themselves and develop self-compassion
- Let go of past trauma
- Develop healthy boundaries and become more assertive communicators
- Create deeper and more meaningful relationships
- Find their spark and passion in life
- Become more confident at work and move forward in their career
Book a Free Consultation for Hypnotherapy for Low Self Esteem
Working on your self-esteem can bring so many benefits, and help you to show up in life as the person you want to be. Whether you want to improve your relationships, become more confident at work or let go of anxiety around fitting in, you can begin to love who you are and feel more comfortable in your skin.
If you’d like to discuss how I can help you to build more confidence and start living as your most authentic self, you can book a free telephone consultation to get started.
I look forward to going on this journey with you!